Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All I've Got...

All I've got tonight is the jitterbugs! I'm dreading the injection tomorrow (they're trying a different location), especially since I was told after the LAST shot that it was the last one they'd do.

I'm so pumped on steroids I should be able to move the monster tree limbs that fell in the yard...instead, I got super sore from holding a friends baby tonight.

Also, I'm praying for this one to work. We're to go to the mountains this weekend for Decoration Sunday at the church I grew up in....In 30 years, I've never ever missed. I DO NOT want to miss this year. But, it's 3 hours away (which means between 3-4 stretch stops).

I did buy the flowers tonight to make an arrangement for Daddy's grave. Still need to figure out what to do for Grandma & Grandpa's; Grandma & Grandpa Great; and Aunt D & Uncle P....those are the most special of folks in my life and they are all buried there.

And - part of me is dreading Decoration b/c last year one of my two bestest buddies from growing up (read here, friend since before Kindergarten, all through HS and College, was bridesmaid in my wedding) snubbed me completely. We've not really talked since she moved back home about 3 years ago. I miss her friendship, and have no clue what I did wrong. So, I dread seeing her this year and it being awkward. And, the middle of the cemetery is not the place to do anything that would cause me to get over emotional (just being there puts me in tears)...so I'm just not sure what to do about that!

Never a dull moment, lemme' tell ya!

4 comments:

  1. Hope it works and I'll be thinking about you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to wish you good luck today and happy thoughts for you this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck this weekend. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so hope things work out between you and your friend. Praying that you make it through the weekend okay and hoping this is the last shot you have to have.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.