So, my dear friends...today has been chocked full of excitement!
Started off after work with a trip to Target. They have so many cute & cool dorm things that it makes me long for undergrad days! All this ubber cute pink and paisley things. Granted, my dorm bedding (which I was BEYOND thrilled with) consisted of a white eyelit-lace bedskirt, denim comforter, and red and white gingham throws and accessories. Tres' cowgirl chic! (and, the John Deere wallpaper border & the pictures from "Studs & Spurs" calendar made it a redneck girls dream!)
So, the Target trip was spawned by us adopting two back-pack buddies at church -- a 7 year old girl and a 14 year old boy. To y'all with youngins', my heart goes out to you! How do you know which school supplies to get? Which backpack will be cool (and big) enough? How do you pick from the tons of cute stationary items? It was all so overwhelming!! They had Lisa Frank (flashback to my kiddie days) so my little girl, Tiffany, will be decked out with things I'd LOVE to have myself! And for Mr. Brandon, our boy, we got this cool slate & gray backpack that I'd be happy to carry! Enough about Target for now...I could go on and on and on!
All that shopping excitment got me plumb tuckered out and I didn't really feel like cooking dinner. So, talked to Hubby K and we met at a new resturant/pub near the house. It was so cute and everyone so nice! We ordered dinner and then it was like all hell broke loose with the nastiest, ugliest storm EVER. Y'all, this mountain girl gets scared to death of a flatland storm! We couldn't see out the windows, the patio umbrellas were snapping off, the power was flickerin'...if it hadn't been for the promises of Pub Trivia coming up, I'd have crawled out of my skin! About 15 mintues later it all passed. The blackberry was going crazy with emails about severe weather! SCARY!!
Then, pub trivia. Team K & B rocked their socks off. Nearly aced gameboard trivia, plundered through the acronyms and miracle beyond miracle rocked the Friends trivia. We were the winners! Yay for the $25 gift card we won...just might have to venture back up there next Tuesday!
After that, we went to the used CD store & K got all 6 Star Wars DVDs (used of course) for $35. That made his night! They had a buy 2 get 1 free sale. He is a happy homie.
We'd joked after dinner about wondering if there was a tree on the house.... and we got home to what looked like a war zone. This monster limb was down (thank goodness the neighbors were not home or it would have sqarshed his truck!) in the yard. I'm talking 1/2 a tree monster limb!! Saw it driving up, tried for a picture with the blackberry and that didn't work so well... there are a zillion limbs all over the yard (the downside of living in an established neighborhood with awesome trees).
Most importantly, Muppy Dawg seemed to be ok (other than a little post tramatic stress disorder and shell shock) and Old Blue, my daddy's 1981 Chevy Silverado (the truck deserves its own post) only got hit by the floppy limbs of another good sized limb.
So...Daddy RP (K's dad) is coming over some time this week to help K get up the aftermath. Neighbor is going to take photos in the morning (or I'll try to tomorrow after work) of the insanity that is our yard to post to WRAL.com (if he does, I'll share!). It really does look like a war zone through here...and now I've got to think about the in-law invasion on top of my injection on Thursday (and a zillion things at work, which I REFUSE to post about)!
This has all been way too much excitment for an evening! Gotta' hope the meds kick in so I get a restful nights sleep!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just be thankful that there was no major damage and no one got hurt. Storms are just God's way of reminding us just how powerful He really is.
ReplyDeleteWe missed out here in JoCo so far. I love thunderstorms but not when tree limbs are snapping. According to "The Fish", there are more moving this way.
ReplyDeleteSo cool that you have two backpack buddies! I'm sure they will love and be appreciative of everything they receive.