Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lawdy Mercy...

We're having a bit of gender-role reversal at the Bumpkin house tonight.....Hubby K is unloading/loading the dishwasher while I watch my Red Soxs play (don't hate -- they wear hats with big ol' B's on them....that in itself is enough to make me a fan) with my wireless internet that wants to go in and out (MAJOR headache!!)

This has been another week of dealing with my pesky back issues...

BLAH BLAH BLAH -- I'm coming back and editing because I laid out a bunch of mess and y'all don't really want to or need to hear it....so here's the reader's digest version:

let's suffice to say that it's been a week full of really bad pain that capped off today with another trip to the doctor because I was having awful awful pain that turned out to be muscle spasms (you can literally feel them if you put your hand on my back).


So, after we get the pain under control, it's potentially another steroid injection (for the first time, he mentioned that it can be a series of 3 shots) and probably PT. And, that if I don't let this heal and take care of me, it could be a MAJOR surgery (and at 30, I'm not accepting that option).

Changing is always easier said than done.... I've got 30 years of bad habits drilled into me. And a tomboy attitude that says I can and WILL do whatever it takes to do whatever needs done. Add to that a stubborn nature and brut strength and it's a bad combination. (There are a zillion illustrations to this -- let's just say I've toted and carried just as much as any man you've met for my whole life and if you dare tell me I can't or shouldn't carry or move something, I'd do it just to prove you wrong). Don't judge -- we all have issues. One of mine just happens to be that I'm bumpkin enough to think I'm as strong as a man, and preppy enough to try to do it in heels.


Final pout..... we have a Board meeting for work at one of my very favorite places about an hour from the mountains tomorrow. It's at a fun place with fun people. Instead, I'll be working from home and poppin' pills. Not fair!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like we both have that stubborn gene of "I'll show you." Get better and don't even make surgery an option!

    BTW, I'm good at telling you to take care of yourself yet ignoring everybody's instructions for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a country girl thang, girlfriend. My Daddy once discribed me as stong as a mule, stubborn as an ox and cute as a puppy. And I still am at 56! Oh yeah, and I work with a company of other 'macho' women. So you are in good company girl. Get better, ya hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muscle spazms sound horrible! Rest up and feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.