Let me start out by giving a big thank you to Tara, Robin, Adnan, Erin, Emily, and Daisy -- y'all make for a wonderful blog'port (my funny take on support) group! And yeah, last week was awful beyond anything I've ever encountered. Not even being the *chunky* girl in high school and all that pickin' prepared me for that group of hateful hussies.
BUT -- tonight, those girls are out of my life (at least en mass, I'm sure I'll encounter them again.) I have to miss a Provisional meeting on Monday since our flight back isn't until early evening. And I'm sure I'll be pooped and will need to prep for my *Monday* on Tuesday in the office. So, I went to one of the General Membership meetings tonight to make up the absence. I've missed one activity so far, and we're allowed to miss 2 -- but I figured I'd probably need a *get out of jail free* card incase something was to pop up again.
Y'all...I don't lie. They were dressed in everything from yoga pants & t-shirts to jeans and tops to scrubs to completely dolled out. I don't think I ever need to worry again about what to wear to a JL event. Seriously, with about 300 ladies there, I saw just about everythig possible.
I bumped into my friend R (friend before JL -- she married one of my best guy friends) and it was great to be able to catch up with her and visit. We sat together and shared chuckles. She's a very serious kind of person, and I love her to pieces, and we got to cut up just a little....it was great. She's definatly one of the grounding forces in my life. She has a way of making everything not seem quite so bad. Everyone needs a friend like R.
Also got to visit with two Actives that I know -- it was great to get to catch up with J and J! Both have small kids (one boy, one a girl) who are just the most darling little things!!! Facebook keeps me updated on how they are growing and just how precious they are!
Then...it fell apart. We sat at rounds of 8 for the meeting. No assigned seating. Who sits at the table diagonal from me (I must add, in the direct way of the podium) but the Queen of the Hateful Huzzies. Just the sight of her made my heart feel bitter. I don't like feeling bitter. At all. God didn't design me to be bitter. So, I prayed for her (and ask that if you are reading this that you would say a prayer for her too; her initals are AC and Jesus knows who she is.)
I know that God's grace has wonderful and healing powers. I felt so much better after praying for her (there was a bunch of stuff that I didn't know what they were talking about, so I tuned out the meeting.) I can now look at her without getting upset. God is AWESOME -- I hope you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Anywhos...after the meeting, I ran into the girls from my Color Group....for the record, they are beyond wonderful. I love them! Our MDC co-chair for our group was there and asked if my Spring Project group was going any better. I teared up immediatly and told her about how I was treated last week. Long story short (ha ha ha...) I'm to email her tomorrow and let her know what project I want (I'm thinking of going for a Career Fair that several girls I know are doing) and that she'd talk to the BIG CHEESES of the Provisionals (I forget their official titles) and explain that I need to change groups due to a conflict. She could've told me to put on my big girl panties and deal with it -- but she was very sympathetic and understanding and is helping me out. So *yay* K....you're awesome!
So...even if a few uppity things don't like Bumpkin's in the Jr. League...I do have a support group and have met wonderful ladies. And, like the speaker told us tonight -- we're there because we want to serve our communities not because it's social. The social part is just an added benefit. And, I look forward to getting involved in a project that my heart isn't hardened against.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YEAHHHHHH! I am so happy for you! How great will it be to be with people you know and love, PLUS be able to help the community?
ReplyDelete(and when YOUR group turns into the "most popular"....Queen B can be jealous....OK, sorry, I know not a Christian attitude) ;o)
I hope everything works out well and you have a FANTASTIC time!!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Robin :o)
you know, i kinda do actually want to join now..... i put on my big girl breeches a long time ago....you know me, dear i love a good challenge!
ReplyDeleteYou won my giveaway! Write me at my blog tickledpinkandgreen@gmail.com and leave me your address...
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
Nikki, lemme' tell you...I've met girls nastier than anything we ever thought about encountering in the sorority in that project group!
ReplyDeleteRobin-- it's not always easy to have a Christian attitude...that's why my current memory verse is 1 Peter 3:9
ReplyDelete" Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."
I'm trying to get rid of my nasty attitude!