I'm trying to not let turning 3-0 freak me out like 25 did.... trying HARD!
Hubby K is taking me to Atlanta for the weekend to see the ACC Tournament. Y'all since I was like 3 I've wanted to go to the ACC Tourney and it's almost always right around my birthday! So -- sweet Hubby K is taking me to make my (his) dreams come true!
He's so lucky to be married to a sports crazed southern girl. Otherwise we would NOT work out. I laugh and pick that I don't enjoy all the ESPN, but truth is, I probably enjoy it more than he does.
And now, I'm going to the beginning weekend of MARCH MADNESS!!! We didn't think we'd be able to get tickets, so our flight out is early early Friday morning, so we're missing the first 4 games. PLEASE let the Wolfpack make it to day 2...it'd be awful to be there and not see "our team" play. And - if they play Friday, it'll be against UNC *YAY!* and....what I'm really hoping for is to see UNC vs. Duke on Sunday. Seriously. Yes, I know I'm a Wolfpack grad and fan...but I could get tickets to see State play either of those two just about any time I want. However, I couldn't get the coveted Duke/UNC tickets, even if I sold my first born.
ACC Basketball ain't just another thing on ESPN...it's like another religion. When I was in school (we're talkin' K-12), the teachers would shut down the world starting to watch the ACC Tourney. Our office even celebrates and has a TV on so we can see the games/check score.
This is our first trip away since our honeymoon to Sedona in Sept. '05 (we wanted to go where there was not a chance of a hurricane). I'm so excited!!
We're going to do the following outside of basketball....
- Peachtree Center to get my free Birthday Caribou Coffee (we're just across the street, no big deal)
- World of Coke
- Atlanta Aquarium
- Eat at Aunt Pitty Pat's
- Maybe go to the Varsity
Hubby K thinks I should know everything about Atlanta since I went there like 4 or 5 times in college...however, they were all conferences/conventions and I had way too many *spirits* to really remember much....do y'all have any hints/suggestions/ideas for places to eat? Especially somewhere that'd have the NCAA selection show on Sunday night (yes, we have issues!)
Atlanta, here we come!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

GO WOLFPACK!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are huge fans as well seeing my dad is from NC!
As an Atlanta I would recommend going to the ESPN ZONE while you're here. It's pretty cool and you could definitely watch tons of sports!!!
Hope your trip is LOTS of fun!
Happy Birthday!! You will have so much fun!! The Cheesecake Factory is really good, if you have the chance (even though it is a "chain"). BUT, if you can make it to The Varsity....it is WONDERFUL!!
ReplyDelete{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
Robin :o)
Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I will follow you in kind. Have fun in Atlanta. Sounds like you have a winner for a hubby.
ReplyDeleteI'm so bad about getting back & responding to comments...I'm sorry!!
ReplyDeleteTara: Yay another Wolfpack fan!! Hubby K got super excited about ESPN Zone and is trying to figure out how to get there on the Marta. How awesome would it be to watch the NCAA selection show there?!?!
Robin: Thanks for the recommendations. We have 2 CCFs within 30 minutes of the house, so we'll probably pass on that one. But, thanks for the plug for the Varsity. I've printed menus and I think it's a winner!
Dwayne: While Amy is making you watch UNC play, look for us in section 244 (2nd level, behind the basket). Since we're in the NCSU section, we may be the only 2 there come Sunday!
Ida: I've been blessed with my perfect partner & bestest friend. Look forward to reading more of your posts!
I found your blog through Carolina Mama! I'm a closet NCSU graduate but a Tar Heel born and bred. Oh yeah, I married a Wolfpacker and the reason I transferred to NCSU. A house divided we are but it is so much fun (usually for me) and I agree, you may be the only two Wolfpackers there on Sunday but hopefully you can find a powder blue shirt to wear ;) Enjoy it no matter the outcome!!
ReplyDelete