*Warning* this will probably be way long & rambling...but a lot happened!
I knew that spending my 30th birthday in Atlanta - at the ACC Tournament- would be cool. However, I had no idea just how AWESOMELY AMAZING it would be!! I can't tell you how much Hubby K & I needed the time away from everything...it was perfect!
A quick review...
Friday: Left the house at like 5:30 am...way too early! Flight to ATL was quick & great. Saw my green polka-dot bag roll onto the plane, so didn't worry about not having it there when we landed (that's always a good feeling). Then, we hop on the MARTA and zoom over to the Regency Hyatt. Our room wasn't ready, but they stored our bags and we darted over to the Dome for the first of 4 basketball games. We leave between sessions and check into our hotel room -- it was SWEET! Modern spa feeling w/ a city view & flat screen tv. Went to the Varsity for dinner (YUMMY goodness!) and back to the Dome for more b'ball. All the games were close & it was so much fun! Our seats were second level, but still better than when we had season NCSU tickets at the RBC Center. Oh snap -- forgot to say that we saw the Va Tech basketball coach in the lobby. He'd just lost, so we didn't talk.
Saturday: Woke up and got my free birthday Caribou Coffee (Yay free coffee) and went to World of Coke. Oh my goodness. It was lots of Coke goodness. I had not seen that much Coke stuff in one place in my life. It was CRAZY! We had tons of fun sampling all the products from around the word. Some were winners - other's were nasty. The worst part of the day was the rain...thank goodness I'd packed umbrellas! After that, we walked to the World Congress Center to the ACC Fan Zone. Oh my goodness it was at the furtherest corner of the furtherest building away. Not a lot of good stuff there - actually, it was very disappointing. I thought the different Alumni Associations would have booths set up. Nope, just stupid booths & blow up stuff for kids to bounce on. Back to the Dome for 2 more b'ball games. Two very good games. Turned 30 as UNC was getting beat by FSU (I didn't officially celebrate until the very hour & minute...held on to those 20's as long as I could!) After seeing Duke win (I heart Zoubek) we were off to Aunt Pitty Pat's Porch for my birthday dinner! It was so good and saw one of the University's biggest benefactors drinking girly drinks and holding court -- it was awesome! Back to the hotel to catch some ZZzz's (we walked a zillion miles it seemed!)
Sunday: Now kids, this is where it starts getting C-R-A-Z-Y....and it's so crazy it deserves it's own post...plus I'm still tuckered out from all the excitment!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I saw where you won the Social Climbers book. You need to pass it along my way when you finish. Glad you had fun in the ATL. I can't wait the see the new World of Coke. And I need to know about the CRAZY!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! Happy Birthday! You're still a baby! I hit 35 this year.
Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had such a great time.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!
Robin :o)
I'll let you know how the book is!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks Robin!!