I need to start out saying, I've absolutely loved my first half of the Provisional process for JL. It has been so great getting to know the ladies in my color group -- I honestly look forward to the gatherings (required or not!)
So this is why I'm ill...
As a Provisional, we have a Spring Project that we are assisting with. I chose to work with a carnival at a Boys & Girls Club at the end of the spring. The kids will be rewarded for their hard efforts during the school year. I work for another youth organization, but am really excited about the project....may I should say was excited...
So what happened?
Checking email this morning (yes, I was a bad Pack fan and went to bed before the game was over), there was a note sent last night reminding us of a meeting tonight. Reminding implies that you've heard about it before -- right? Apparently NOT with these project Co-Chairs. First time I've heard ANYTHING about a meeting or about the project at all since I signed up several weeks ago.
So, since I'm still recovering, I sent a nice email saying that I wouldn't be able to come tonight and asking if there was an earlier email sent that I missed and that I'll be at future meetings and do whatever is asked to help the project.
Do I get a nice, sweet email back? HECK NO! I get a broadcast email (2 hours before the meeting) saying the following:
I have heard from some of you about your inability to make tonight's meeting. You will need to be in contact with (won't blast her b/c I didn't contact her) or myself (AKA ROYAL HUSSY) to discuss what you have missed and learn about your placement on the project. Please make sure you are able to attend meetings in the future as they are very important.
Maybe if she'd let us know in advance that there was a meeting more of us would have been there......I'm mad. This is the stereotypical behavior that I was leery of joining JL for. However, I must say this is the first attitude like this that I've encountered.
I wonder if Royal Hussy knows she's coming across this way?
Now, I'm so not excited about this project...
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are a brave soul to join the Jr. League...LOL (Just kidding).
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your blog and I look forward to seeing what you write next!
Thank you so much for visiting and following my itty-bitty blog!! You have really made my day!! I hope you are able to visit often!!
Robin@http://alabamaslackermama.blogspot.com/
Ive been there myself!
ReplyDeleteWhat a b*tch. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteSome people make me so mad...
-E
Hi! I just came by to say thanks for following my blog! You probably don't know, but I grew up in the town next to yours that starts w/ an "A". Did you come over from Carolina Mama's? If so, I'm assuming you know she has a blogroll of all NC bloggers. Beth at I Heading for My Destiny is a fellow NC blogger. Thanks for stopping by! I'll add you to my blogroll...I'm at my Google follower limit (200)! :O(
ReplyDelete