Monday, February 16, 2009

GAH

Sick, Day 11

I feel like I'm MIA from my own life! The last 11 days have been awful....between being sick and my chest hurting every time I breathe, laugh, giggle, sneeze ....you get the picture & just not being able to breathe -- I'm ready for a vacation in someone else's body!!

Back to the doctor today -- yay chest x-rays to see if I've managed to break a rib or if it's *just* pleurisy after the bought with pneumonia and bronchitis.

I declare I get the most random - obscure - stinkin' health problems ever!!

So, the doctor is to call in the morning and let me know what it is. Until then, it's 2 vicodin every 4 hours for pain....

So....seeing how I've been sick...Valentine's Day was not the overrated overhyped holiday that Hallmark would love for it to be.

We went to Topsail on Friday evening to our little trailer. I love that little 1979 metal box! I love how no matter what, when I walk in the door, it's all clean and cute. So I did a lot of sitting there while Hubby K wore out the muppy dawg by throwing things into the water for her. We have a small pond in the backyard at the beach and she just loves loves LOVES to swim and fetch. I love being there if nothing more than she has all this space to play and run and frolic without people getting upset at her for being a dog. Need to take pictures next time we're there to document her adventures -- it's great!

So, we may have been at Topsail, but never saw the ocean this trip. It was VERY low key and restful. Went to a couple of little shops (y'all need to know that it is not a trip to the Beach without a trip to Topsail Trading Co. to buy some Fluffernutter Fudge!) and out to eat, and that was about it. I figured I could sit there as well as I could at home -- and the walls felt like they were closing in on me here (and the mess...with Hubby K sick too until the last few days, Martha Stewart would come in and take back her Housekeeping Handbook if she could).

For the most part it was great -- minus the 2.5 hr ride each way...that was ROUGH.

Our Valentine's was spent eating breakfast at The Seahorse Cafe (where I laughed at the fact they were having a steak and shrimp dinner special -- $24.95 for two), resting, to the couple stores I MUST go to at the beach, back to rest and nap, and then...DINNER..at the Seahorse...yeah yeah, I know..."he who laughs....". It was really good and I got a heart-shaped mylar balloon from the lady working there *yay presents*! Then, it was back to the Chubby Trout to watch Fireproof.

Don't laugh. Fireproof is a VERY good movie and makes you think. I don't think that I would have appreciated the messages within the film until this point in life, but it was very ....I don't even know what words to use. But, I needed the message within the film, and it touched on a lot of really deep things...and I'm so greatful that Kevin and I were able to watch & talk (well, as much as I can talk at the moment) about the themes and emotions within the film.

So...that's what I've been up to as of late...how about ya'll?

4 comments:

  1. That xray looks kinda scary! I hope you get to feeling pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a nice set of lungs up thar!!


    wish my patient's lungs were so clear! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to find textbook lungs with Google!!


    With tons of MRI & other images, I'm not adding any more medical pictures to the house! In fact, I need to get rid of the other ones...I'm a slacker!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.