Thursday, May 6, 2010

B.R.A.T. is turning me into a Brat! ....and a Recipe from our Derby Party

After a week of bouncing between BRAT and clear liquid diets, I feel the need to apologize to the world.

I'm turning into a brat.  I'm feeling pouty, whiny, and all kinds of other things.  Pretty much,  I'm ready for this to be over with (and probably everyone who knows me since I'm being such a brat!)

Today I finally finished and submitted all the samples I'm supposed to do ~ so now, just waiting for my new GI doc (who I really liked!) to get results and schedule a follow-up and see where we go from here. Patience is a virtue, right?

It's spring! It's the time of year of hanging out and chilling with friends ~ not for freezing and running a fever.  For shopping and girls nights and all kinds of fun stuff!

See, I'm being braty in the bloggy world too! And on Twitter! EEK!

So, here's recipe from last weekend's Derby Party that was a hit to make amends for being such a brat!


Cheese Sandwiches (from Paula Deen Celebrates)
2 cups (1/2 lb) grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup mayo, plus extra for spreading on bread
1 tbsp grated yellow onion
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb loaf of thin-sliced white bread

Easy peazy- mix everything together (well, except for the bread!) and make sandwiches.  I've trimmed the edges and fingered them; but you could triangle or cut into shapes.  It's yummy stuff!

And, 10,000 thanks to Sissy for fixin' 'em for the festivities.  Sorry you couldn't stay and enjoy in all the fun!




 


1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! Those sound so good! I will definitely be making those soon!

    I hope your tummy issues are resolved soon....I don't want you to feel like a BRAT :o(

    {{{{HUGS}}}}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.