Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Here, piggy piggy piggy

Ever since this *epidemic* started, my friend S and I have been saying that we would wind up with it....and we did! Even my hand sanitizing habits didn't save me from growing a snout and curly tail for almost a week.

She was sick the first weekend of the State Fair, and I came down with it last Tuesday night. That's what our stressed out immune systems do to us -- make us icky sick.


Started feeling bad last Tuesday night. Fell asleep on the couch and then woke up sick on my stomach. Fever started Wednesday morning. By Thursday, I felt like death...and slept tons.

AND...it caused me to miss a Halloween party. S & K-dawg gave out the trick-or-treater candy (and I sat way far away on the porch swing with my blankie). We had maybe a third of the kids as usual. Now, I'm stuck with a ton of candy that I'm trying HARD not to eat!

Oh, and I missed my Grandpa's 80th birthday party back home...but I did call & talk to them for 45 minutes (and then became homesick)...

So, after missing 4 days of work, I went back in the office today (knew I was getting better when I was stressing/worrying about things there again....and it was starting to pile up to an uncomfortable level), lasted until 1 and came home and crashed. Can't wait to be all better-- I'm a pouty whiny sick person.

And...pray that K-dawg doesn't get it. He's got a LOT going on at the office right now and really can't be out, no matter what. We took every precaution, I've slept in the guest room, wore a face mask, he wore a face mask, sprayed everything down with Lysol a zillion times, and he stayed gone as much as possible.

Germs...you ruined a lot of my plans! I'm ready to have ALL my hyper bouncy energy back!

On a happier note, VERY excited about seeing Casting Crowns this Thursday night. I really need that time of worship and celebration to help pull me out of a funk...

Hope all y'all are doing great. Avoid the piggy flu, it's so not fun!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick, glad you are feeling better. No little piggies around here (yet) and we are keeping our fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are finally feeling some better! I was getting worried about you!!!

    {{{HUGS}}}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.