Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Catchin' up on my Thankful list

So, I'm going to try to post what I'm thankful for each day between now and Thanksgiving!

And...I'm going to try to catch up so that it's one thing a day the month of November.

Here goes nothing....

1. My husband, he's really awesome in so many ways.

2. My Church. It's a really big church. Never thought I'd like to worship like this, but I LOVE it!

3. My family, all of them -- even though we may be dysfunctional, there is MUCH love there!

4. My friends-- they really are the absolute BEST! Especially the Circle. And my JL color group girls (having dinner with them tonight -- excited!)

5. Having *enough* (and, if I'm honest, MORE than enough) of everything.

6. KLOVE -- contemporary Christian music that uplifts and encourages me so much.

7. Our small group -- again, something else I never thought I'd like but LOVE. I can't explain how awesome it is to have the 5 other couples to journey with.

8. My sister -- she's much more than just a sister, she's my best friend too. And, she's also one of my heros.

9. Being raised in a super small mountain town. It helped teach priorities and the importance of the small things. And, it taught me a lot about how to love people for who they are, not what they are.

10. Having the opportunity to go to college. My sister and I are first-generation University students. My mom & her brother both attended technical school; none of my Daddy's siblings received any kind of higher education.

3 comments:

  1. I love your #9. I also grew up in a small town and I think that helped me in the same way it has helped you and in ways that someone from a larger city can't quite understand.

    I hope that if I one day have children, I will be able to raise them in a similar situation. Growing up in a town of 700 definitely has its advantages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Sounds a lot like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely list. We've been trying to do the thankful thing at home too. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.