Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm BLESSED!

There have been a lot of things going on in my life lately..including lots of pondering about lots of things....



Today, I had a chance to be reminded of just how good I have it...because I really do. And, I know I'm blessed. The worries I have are either beyond my control or of my own creating....

I was in the Eastern part of the state for work today. As I was getting to leave the home of one of the sweetest people ever, her doorbell rang.

She went to the door...no one there.

There was a lady on the porch of the neighbor's house....


and as I was getting in the car, the sweet woman I was visiting brought over a hand written note. In very neat print it read "Out of work. Need money. Will work for $10 per hour. and a phone number..."

What a HUGE reminder of how much I have to be grateful for...I don't deserve the blessings in my life, it's only by Grace that I have them.

Lord, thank you for this reminder...it helped bring me back to basics.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to get a "reminder" of how blessed we are every once in a while? Even though I gripe and complain about my job, I am VERY thankful to have one!

    {{HUGS}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I didn't comment after I read this last night...must have been because of that game (ughh). This post just tugged at my heart strings. So many people are hurting. We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need a reminder like that occassionaly. I too am blessed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good thing to post for a Monday. I definitely, definitely need to count my blessings more! And not just in the good times, in the "bad" (which aren't so bad compared to many) times too.

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.