Sunday, September 20, 2009

Swap Happiness

Many thanks to PreppySouthernPrincess for hosting a wonderful college football swap. How fun it was to partner up with another Wolfpack Fan and share some Pack happiness!

I was fortunate to have fellow Alumnae, the lovely MrsWright as my partner. How much fun I had finding things to hopefully brighten her day! Even better...it was an opportunity to find out just how small this ol' world is! We had met during undergrad through her roommate (we WILL not disclose the number of years ago that has been.) I can't believe she remembered me!

MrsWright was a wonderful swap partner! She sent me my own "Mr. Wuf" from Build-a-Bear (sorry -- the pics still won't send from the BB), and he's too adorable all decked out for the football game! He makes me smile and think of one of my favorite parts of the games -- when Mr. and Mrs. Wuf come out on the field!

She also sent me some fantastic NCSU shell earrings. Honey, I don't know where you got them, but they were a HUGE hit! I'd saved them for an annual tailgate event I attend for my college, and I got no fewer than 100 compliments on them (yes, I knew a lot of people there -- but people I didn't know were stopping me to ask where I got my earrings!) and some folks complimented them more than once! And, if she makes it to the Duke/State game, I hope we can get together for a little pregame fun!

Here I am, sporting my fantastic new earrings with Mrs. Wuf (I realize how uncute I look...and fat...and frumpy...I thought I was super cute when I left the house yesterday morning; but after setting up for the event, they took this picture. All I've got is Cute.FAIL. And sad that people told me how great I looked. This means that either they were lying, or I've looked MUCH worse in the past. AGH!)


Also, found out that one of my favorite adviser for Agri-Life Council has been battling cancer -- Please remember Mr. Herman in your prayers. He is one of the most awesome people I've ever met and my heart broke to find out all he'd been battling!

4 comments:

  1. The swap sounds like a fun time! Glad you got cute things and btw, you look cute standing next to Ms. Wuf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A football swap sounds like such great fun!! I'm so glad you got such cute things!!

    {{{{HUGS}}}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually you do look cute, and pictures always add 30 or 40 pounds, didn't you know that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Sounds like you received some nice things! I think you look great in the picture!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.