Friday, September 4, 2009

Football.FAIL

If you caught the news last night (or happened to be there along with 57,000 or so of my friends), you know my boys were not able to pull it off last night. But the fail was not them - it was MOI!

Here's kind of how yesterday/last night went...

-3:00 get in from the office. EXCITED tearing off our football tickets & parking pass so we'd be ready when K got off work.

-3:30 take out recycling and trash...just know K is calling at any minute. Goof off online knowing I'll have to run soon to get Greek Fiesta for our dinner (don't hate - I had a BOGO coupon).

-4:00 still waiting

-4:30 decide to change clothes & put on make-up

-4:45 back to waiting

-5:00 K calls, his meeting ran late. Mad crazy dash up the street to GF for dinner. Tell K to change clothes and we'll eat at the house before the game.

-5:20 arrive back home

-5:25 out the door (yes, we inhaled dinner)

-5:45 get stuck in nasty icky game day traffic - take "short cut" - get in wrong lane - have to go through the RBC Center lots (and pass right in front of the stadium) to weave our way back to the first of a zillion disorganized parking lots.

-6:15 Finally get truck parked. EXCITED and BOUNCING are the theme. Start skipping/hopping/bebopping towards Carter-Finley

-6:17 Realize I forgot tickets in the truck *DOAH*, go back and get them. Secure them safely in my back pocket.

-6:25 arrive at Gates

-6:30 have pocketbook searched. Give ticket to attendant. and...wait for it...
In my excitement, I tore off the bottom of the tickets. I have just the stub for both of us. In the rush, I accidentally didn't tear the perforation at the right spot. The guy doesn't want to let us in thinking we're trying to pull a fast one. EXCITEMENT quickly turns to alligator tears and trembling lips. We wait like 15 minutes (by this time I know we will not be allowed in, that I'm all excited for NOTHING, we don't really have the tickets, so there is no selling them). Then, this grandfatherly man walks up, we explain the situation (ok, it's more like me blabbering and saying how excited I was and how stupid I am for not looking at what I was doing while K just stares at me). He then makes my night by saying " I reckon I'll let y'all in". We got up to our seats just in time for the singing of the National Anthem. Caught up on all our "football friends" - we've had seats in the same spot the last 7 years.

And now for a few pictures of the evening (have I said how much I love football!??!)

alright y'all -- google hates me and I'll edit to add them in.





Then, after loosing, it was walking back to the car to wait about an hour for traffic to move at all. We turned off the truck and just waited. We got back to the car at about 10:45 and it was 11:58 when we pulled onto the road out of the lot and about 12:30 before we got home, and we only live 8 miles from the stadium!

We're missing the next two games (which are the "lame" ones) and I'm already hyping up for Pitt!

GO STATE!

6 comments:

  1. Awe Beth, what a NIGHT! I would have been a BASKET CASE if that had happened to me! I'm glad the man finally let ya'll in after all the drama!

    Hopefully next game won't be as stressful! LOL!

    {{HUGS}}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he let y'all in and you had a good time minus the messy post-game traffic. BUT...I do believe one of those lame games is against my old school, Gardner-Webb. What I would give if.....well, you know;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like my kind of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious. I love that story of your first NCState game! I bet the guys loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your boys. Thankfully my Gators are still going strong!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.