
I've fallen back in love with our local library....like seriously. Not only can you shotgun find a book (where you browse & grab), but they have the ubber cool system where you can request books, they pull 'em and you just run in and check 'em out. That makes for one spoiled book worm!
The Preppy Bumpkin gives "The Devil in the Junior League"




5 Mason Jars!
Some of y'all might recall my own run-ins with a few lil' devils in the JL....
Well, this book is a hoot! Many of the JL stereotypes were played up for all it's worth (and yes, I know there are non-stereotypical JLers out there...such as moi!) If you're looking for a great beach/summer read and you enjoy peering into the hoity-toity lifestyles of the mucho rich and only locally famous, this book is for you (you know you get sucked into Real Housewifes of Any & Everywhere!)
A little nitty gritty...(without hopefully giving too much away!)
Fredericka Mercedes Hildebrand Ware (try saying that 3 times fast) is a 28-year-old socialite, living in a gated community in Willow Creek, Texas. And, we all know how appearances are everything, and life is lived on the prim & proper - making sure to avoid the rumor mill at all costs. Bless her heart, but Frede's no-good husband Gordon, runs off with a white-trash huzzy and takes all the cash with him! Of course our little Leaguer is scared to pieces of winding up in the p-o-o-r house but doesn't want anyone to know. Inlist the help of a flashy neighbor-lawyer (who just happens to be married to one of Frede's middle-school BFFs). And, the flashy lawyer will help, if Frede will get his wife in the JL of Willow Creek (so exclusive that I NEVER would have even thought about going to a potential meeting member if our JL was like that!) Throw in a frienemy, h-o-t artist and a lotta women -- you know there is mega drama to be had by all!
Not only was the book fabulous, but according to Linda Francis Lee's website, Universal Studios has bought the rights to the book & Jennifer Garner has signed on to star & produce. *YAY*
Have you read this book? What did you think about it?

I just finished Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. Devil in the JL sounds like my next read! I remember your JL drama.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at the title because when I first started following you, you were blogging about the huzzies in your very own JL. Sounds like a great book! I took Andrew to storytime at the library in Garner the other day and b/c we actually live in JoCo, I would have to pay $25 yearly just to check out a book. Ummmm, no!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, we went to the fireworks on the 4th here in JoCo. Plopped down in front of a truck and guess what the first thing Andrew noticed? The John Deere license plate on the front; he stared, pointed and jabbered about it the rest of the night.
you have totally made me want to read this book!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to reserve it at my library right now!
ReplyDeleteGuuuuurl, I am going to get this book this weekend! It sounds like a HOOT!!
ReplyDelete{{HUGS}}
Robin :o)
I loved it!!! I could not put it down. My son and I are regulars at the library. I looked online last night and we had 53 books checked out!
ReplyDelete