So...watching the hometown boys (amazing how all of us here in the RDU area have learned to LOVE hockey when 10 years ago we thought it was a *Yankee* thing (no offense!) I still remember going with some college friends to Greensboro to see a game the first season in nosebleed cheap student seats -- and then again as a sorority mixer with FarmHouse when screaming "PUCK IT" at the top of our (ok...my) lungs seemed like a good idea. I totally digressed,have an incomplete sentence in the first line (but I'm not going to fix it...I'm a rouge like that) and thought I'd do a little bloggy update while waiting for the muscle relaxers and vicodin to knock me out (which it DIDN'T do last night....2 hours of beauty sleep is not enough for this chick-a-dee!).
Life has pretty much turned into go to work, bust it 6 hours...start feeling like crap by about hour 3 and pushing through the next 3 to make it home, take a hot bath to try to relax these crazy muscles in my back/leg/foot that are going crazy -- throw together *SOMETHING* for dinner..take drugs,and hopefully pass out. Not.Fun. Not fun at all... I'm now waiting for the MRI folks to call and schedule after taking a full week to get pre-approved for the stupid thing to start with...then, I can't see the spine specialist again until next Thursday to see if it is/isn't a herniated disk and if I will/will not need surgery (which is probably good since I have 3 grants to submit before then and the program staff hasn't gotten me ANY of the project materials yet). I know I'm just venting and making no sense....so please accept my apologies if you're reading this. Y'all - patience is so NOT my virtue!
I've been an awful friend as of late -- so please be patient with me! Right now I'm concentrating (struggling) just to get through the day to day. I'm sounding hateful and whiny...I think it's the drugs talking.
Miss USCEmily gave me a blog award (she's so sweet!), and I'll pass it along soon. Didn't go to WW again for the 2nd week in a row (SHAME on me...but I thought a hot bath trumped today -- I didn't take one yesterday and K thinks that's why I couldn't sleep.) Since I'm being so random and crazy with my thoughts tonight....I'm going to do this A-Z thing for my waiting-for-the-drugs-to-kick-in moment...
A - Age: 30 (still struggling to accept this)
B - Bed size: Queen -- and it is the most comfortable pillow-top in the WORLD
C - Chore you hate: vacuuming the stairs
D - Dog's names: Case (our just over 1 year old Black Lab!
E - Essential start your day item: Hearing the weather & news before getting out of bed (LAME)
F - Favorite color: If it's a game day, RED....otherwise, pink
G - Gold or Silver: Silver
H - Height: 5'6"
I - Instruments you play: once upon a time, B's Momma MADE her play piano & practice for 30 minutes EVERY day....those evil memories have been suppressed. Oh yeah, there was that 1-year gig playing clarinet. Nothing has been retained except how to read music.
J - Job title: Director of Development...yada yada yada It's 2 parts, with 2 titles -- mucho confusing
K - Kid(s): Case for the moment
L - Living arrangements: With Hubby in the house I took over on Sept. 10th, 2005
M - Mom's name: Deborah
N - Nicknames: Bethie, Bethie-Boo, Bef,and Pooh Bear growing up
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: hmmm...I fell down the basement stairs head first at age 5; had an awful stomach flu at 6 that hospitalized me for a week (my first ever exposure to cable TV); 5 others (EDITED b/c it was just way TMI) AND I promised after that, NO MORE UNTIL BABIES!!
P - Pet Peeve: False sincerity
Q - Quote from a movie: "Just 'cause I talk slow don't mean I'm stupid"~ Sweet Home Alabama
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Siblings: My Sis-Boom-Bah Lou Lou!
T - Time you wake up: somewhere in the neighborhood of 6:45...when all is *normal* again, it will be earlier.
U- First word that comes to your mind for "U": Uber
V - Vegetable you dislike: Brussel sprouts *ick*
W - Ways you run late: if I knew...I wouldn't be late!!
X - X-rays you've had: ok - not going to laundry list these...it's a LOT.
Y - Yummy food you make: my super secret pork chops!
Z - Zoo favorites: monkeys, polar bears, people
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just stumbled across your blog and it cracked me up.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog!