Thursday, April 2, 2009

Who Have I Become?

Ever been in a funk? I mean a serious "I don't want to see anybody" funk? Where you just want to stay home, nest a little, and have a some alone time? I've been there the last couple of weeks. This happens every now and again, and it stinks. I'm such an extrovert that it's absolutely awful when I get this feeling...but, it's passed now.

I know what brought it on - ever since my birthday, all I could think about was that the 29th would have been Daddy's 65th birthday. He passed in 2001, and while the pain gets different as time passes, there are those moments I just need to waller in the fact that he died when I was so young (I had just turned 22 and my sister was 19). Enough about that, or I'll just tear up again...

Hmm...so otherwise, what's been going on? This has been an INSANE week....just see for yourself!

Monday
Work - Jr. League Meeting - and feeling the *effects* of being on high dose antibiotics the last 10 days (no icky details).

Tuesday
Work - then I got to see my sister! She was in town for the state FFA Livestock Judging contest. And, her team did VERY well. She's a Vo-Ag teacher way too many miles away. It is so cool to watch her with the kids (and hear them call her Mrs. LastName still freaks me out).
Also had the opportunity to see friends from college who are now teachers too. It was great! Except, I totally didn't think about going out there when I was getting ready, so I was wearing a skirt and flats (in a livestock barn!) Yeah, felt a little out of place on that one.

Wednesday
It was my provisional project night with Jr. League. And my headlight was out. And my drivers licence expired. So - after work, fixed the headlight (thanks to a guy at the office for showing me how to do it!), go the popcorn machine I was in charge of, and then sat at the DMV for an hour. One hour and seventeen minutes to be exact. I was about to walk out the door when they called my number. I didn't want to be late for the JL thing! So, then it was off to the JL event. The popcorn machine (and the only thing I was responsible for) WOULD NOT WORK! Even worse, the kids saw the machine and kept asking for popcorn. GAH! Only me (but I know it wasn't my fault the machine didn't work). The event was great and everyone looked so happy. Small WW victory: instead of grabbing some fast food after the event, came home and ate veggies left over from the night before. I wasn't really all that hungry, so I didn't waste a ton of points (that I didn't really have) and ate something feeling.

Thursday
How on earth can I already have something today you may ask? Well....took the popcorn machine back first thing (yay for a full refund). And, I have a funeral to attend today for one of the first donors I worked with when I started my career in '02. It's later this afternoon and I have some business at the bank that HAS to be done today (yay CD maturing); so I'm waiting on the bank to open before going into the office.

I dread the funeral -- with all I've been dealing with emotionally around Daddy, it's going to be extra tough. It's one of those things that would be difficult no matter what. I have grown to love and sincerely care for this couple.

And, tonight is WW night (pending I can make it with the funeral -- visitation is after the service and it's on the other end of town from my meeting).

Then, it's dinner with the In-Laws to handle a little business. We're finalizing the purchase of the lil' trailer we have at the beach (on the lots next to the in-laws). We've *had* it for awhile now (and it's been gutted and cleaned and looks amazing!) but are making the final *payment* (it was broken into pieces to help the seller with tax liabilities). *YAY* for weekends at the beach this summer!

*shew* I think that's all....it's been a whirlwind the last few days.

4 comments:

  1. So far USC has not had to take a mandatory furlough. Clemson has required this of their employees and many of our state agencies have, as well. I haven't heard our University President mention us having to take them up to this point, but you never know what we will have to do if our governor refuses the money...scary situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank heavens! Several colleagues at Clemson have talked about their budget concerns and didn't know if it was system-wide or not.

    Got to work this morning to be greeted by an announcement that NCSU is looking at laying off up to 150 people. Oh the joys of working at a University!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy girl lately! Maybe this weekend you can take a break. I got the garage cleaned in 2 hrs., 43 mins. and all 5 computers/cords/mice/keyboards donated. I'm gonna take a short break before starting dinner. Hopefully, your job will be spared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for coming to see me, it must of been our good luck charm ;)

    LOVE YA and CANNOT wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.