Our Gala event was last Thursday ...and thanks to tons of hard work & preevent prep (sorry, on K's laptop and just realized the dash is broken!) it was FABULOUS!! We joke that every event we do is the "Best One Ever"...and this one ranked right on up there (primarily thanks to no insanely late nights in the office...S & I even got pedicures the night before!) It was so odd the night before the event to leave and it still be daylight (7ish) ...in 7 years of working in our office, that's NEVER happened, and I LOVED IT!
So, between being wiped out physically and emotionally (and working with a new faculty member to submit a grant), I'm just now getting MY life back. That life where there is time for me to be balanced and not have everything cattywampus. It's still a struggle to get everything back in balance (have I said I'm exhausted?) and catch back up on all the household joys that were on hold for the last two weeks (can you say laundry?). But, I'm getting there!
There are no plans (purposfully) this weekend, outside of church and Small Group. I plan to keep it this way at all cost. I originally thought I'd have to work an event at one of the Camps, but thanks to budget cuts, I'm not. I will not complain (although it's probably the most FUN event we have ...probably because we go and help and are no longer in charge of the event).
And ...any of my girls reading, you're invited to NKOTB @ Walnut Creek on June 3rd. Concert starts at 7:30 (and it'd be way fun to tailgate before!) Lawn tickets are $14 each (or if I can round up multiples of 4, they are just $10!) and Premier Parking is $20 ...so we're talking a cheap girls night out (wine & snacks in the parking lot.) So far, I have Sarah, Amy, Amber, Dana and maybe Amy's friend from church. I'm ready to live out my teeney bopper fantasies! Also, let me know if you'd want to puffy paint a shirt (to be officially 1980 something) before hand! Can you tell I'm excited?!?!
And Danielle ...you were the best Swap partner ever! Thank you oodles and bunches! The Reeces Pieces gave me extra go go gadget powers the last couple of weeks!
So now, a survey....and I'm going to try to update this thing more reguarly!
I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments.. what is it?
1. Produce: Pineapple
2. Bakery: Gluten Free Cookies (or coconut macroons)
3. Meat: Steaks!
4. Frozen: Coconut Sorbet
5. Dairy: Weight Watchers string cheese!
Let's say we're heading out for a weekend getaway. You're only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with you. So, what's in your bag?
1. Clean Underwear
2. Sundress
3. flip flops
If I was to listen in on your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
1. "lovies"
2. "ruuude"
3. "that's GREAT!!"
4. "oh my gosh"
5. "good gravy"
So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do, you probably wouldn't be in the best mood?
1. bath/shower
2. brushie brushie the ol' teethies
3. read before bed/Bible study
We're talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
1. Catch up on that Tree on a Hill show on the DVR
2. Playing on the Wii (one day, I'll be better than K on Mario Cart!)
3. Playing with the muppy dawg
4. snoozing
5. driving, windows down, singing at the top of my lungs
We are going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it'll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
1. Polar Bears
2. The Gift Shop!
3. monkeys!
You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on t.v. of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
1. One Tree Hill
2. Oprah, for that show she gives a TON of stuff away
3. Paula Deen
4. NCAA Final 4 (with NC State playing.....if I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming BIG!)
You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Chunky Monkey
2. Turtle Soup
3. Campfire Delight (the only way I can enjoy that smore'lishious taste without the glutens)
Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?
1. Lotion
2. Wallet
3. Silly little makeup bag Mom gave me for Christmas
4. 2 cell phones
5. the black wallet of frequent shopper cards
You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let's pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 careers would be fun for you?
1. Corporate Event Planner
2. A Program Officer for a Foundation that gives AWAY money
3. Hallmark Card Designer
4. SAHM
If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?
1. You are not as ugly as you think you are
2. There is no point in being so shy
3. College is going to ROCK....but don't forget to study
4. One day, all these people will ask to be your friend on Facebook....it doesn't matter if they are mean to you now.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear that your event was a success and that you liked your swap package!
ReplyDeleteNKOTB was in my area not too long ago and I really regret not going. When I was younger I alway begged my mom to get tickets for me and I can't believe that they are back! I never thought I would see the day! Sounds like you will have a wonderful time!
I just know that everything was fantastic!
ReplyDeleteNKOTB! That sounds like such a great time! ENJOY!!
I hope you are able to spend a ton of YOU time this week!
{{HUGS}}
Robin :o)
What a cute ? and A. Love it and those college notes. Study. right. :)
ReplyDelete