So, there is a subculture lurking in your neighborhood, and I'm not referring to swingers or vampires or anything like that...it's COUPONERS!
Yep, they are everywhere. Don't believe me? Venture to your local Target store with a zillion coupons and see if you don't make new friends. Made two of my very own new buddies tonight (one in the laundry aisle and another in razor land)! I'm now one of the up and coming Couponers myself!
Why? Because I love free stuff. And, I love a good deal/bargain. So, this is the PERFECT world for me! Not only do I have my little sorter that I take to the store, but also the green giant that is my coupon 3-ring binder.
I come by this habit honestly. Momma would drive to Bristol, Va (about an hour and a half from where we lived) to buy stuff with double coupons several times a year. And, if it's something you're going to need anyways, why not save a little change along the way?
This week I'm in heaven...not only have I discovered some cool ways to learn about coupons online, but Harris Teeter is having TRIPLE coupons (up to 20 at $.99 or less face value), K-Mart is doubling up to $2 (with a 75 coupon limit) AND Target was nice enough to send me two booklets of store coupons. Hubby K and I are planning a date night to the Harris Teeter to see what kind of deals we can get.
So, I'll also admit that I'll get stuff just because it's free. Our church has this really neat program called *Bumper Crop* where you fill a paper grocery bag with things for the needy and leave behind your car during services. I use the free/super cheap stuff we won't use to help this unique ministry out.
Tonight, Hubby K went to play pool with this BFF C, so I went to Target...
Total Spent was $44.56, Saved $55.38 (and got a $5 Target gift card AND a $10 rebate for the Tiger Woods Golf 2009 that Hubby K *had* to have Saturday when we bought the Wii)...I'm counting those as an additional $15 savings -- bring the grand total saved to $70.38 (or roughly 70% of my total shopping spree!)
What did I get?....here are a few killer deals (please note there not been an $8.99 purchase for hubby's razors that I didn't have a coupon for, I'd have gotten everything with at least a $.75 coupon).
- Irish Spring Body Soap for $1.50 (retail $3.99)
- New Razor System for Hubby K for FREE (and this had the $10 rebate for the Wii game)
- $13.47 worth of Panteen products for $4.58
- 2 Glade Candles for $3.88
- FREE BandAids (I get lots of bumps and bangs -- these will be used!)
- Free Eyeshadow
- $1.89 for some new nail polish
- 2 new razors for me for $8.58 AND a $5 Target Gift Card ...so make that 2 for $3.58!
- 32 loads of laundry detergent for $2.94
No lie, at this moment I'm on a bit of a high...and in addition to the stuff above, I also got several other things (like toilet paper) that are a necessity. I was so excited about my coupon adventures, I wrote down everything as I was buying it in a notebook so I knew what to expect at the register. AND, I played coupon fairy for several things that I didn't consider a necessity or a really great deal (if you're in Apex, go by Target and look for the rejects).
Now the question is...what to do with the savings?!?
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've recently discovered the beauty of coupons myself...haven't quite gotten organized yet but it is indeed a RUSH to save so much money!
ReplyDeleteI am a couponer as well...I just love it! I will buy anything if it is a great deal. Have you shopped at Walgreens or CVS? They have some amazing deals monthly. It is so much fun to see how much money I can save on the items we use all the time.
ReplyDeleteWay to go! Maybe I should start clipping coupons.
ReplyDelete