Monday, February 2, 2009

I was Tagged!

I was tagged in a blog by simi-slacker mom!

Step 1: Respond and Rework.
Answer the questions on your own blog. Replace one question that you don't like with a question of your own invention. Then add one more question of your own invention.


Step 2: Tag eight other un-tagged people!




1. Make a list of things you can see without getting up.
Case's crate (for when it gets way cold again this week and she comes indoors), Hubby K, Blackberry, Candles, TV...a box of stuff I need to take to The Bargin Box! I'm in the living room, and I can see the foyer and dining room from my *perch*...so there is LOTS!



2. Favorite Football Team.
NC State WOLFPACK!! I finished up college during the glory years of Philip Rivers...there isn't a game we're at that I don't wish his talent was still at Carter-Finley!

But, give me two teams, and I'll figure one to pull for!



3. What are you wearing now?
teal sweater, black pants, black long-sleeve T, black socks *didn't change when I got in from the office*



4. What's the last thing you read/are currently reading?
"Miserly Moms" for money-saving tips....The Bible for direction...and this book Molly let me borrow about a family in Arkansas during the Great Depression that's really good and if it wasn't upstairs, I'd tell you the title!



5. Who was the last person you hugged?
Hubby K....although I wish Sissy L was close for a big ol' hug.



6. What's you current obsession/addiction?
Planning our trip to Atlanta for my big 3-0 and the ACC Tourney! Getting the house organized, decluttered, and bedroom moved to the master bedroom downstairs (Hubby K thought he needed a den when he was single...now he sees my need for a WIC)



7. What was the last thing you said aloud?
Lovies!


8. What was the last thing you bought?
ashamed to admit....but a box of cowboy killers & a coke zero....I need to get a grip on stress and loose the cowboy killers....this is what I get for *not* keeping things in balance at work after the 2-week Christmas break...yes, I'm ashamed of myself....


9. What are you listening to right now?
Hubby K laugh at "How I Met Your Mother"


10. What is your favorite weather and why?
snowy winter days...they remind me of growing up in the mountains.


11. What is your most challenging goal right now?
decluttering! Oh, and the whole work/life balance....*will not vent*


12. Say something to the person who tagged you.
Simi-slacker mom....you are the kind of mom one day I hope I can/will be! I love your stories!



13. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
either Cary or Apex (Hubby K told me on our first date that the furtherest he's lived from Jordan Lake was Turlington Hall on NCSU's campus...so for the sake of my marriage, gotta' stay close!)



14. Favorite vacation spot?
Going back *up the mountain* to Alleghany Co. or our little place near Surf City, NC

15. Favorite children's book?
The Monster At the End of This Book...featuring Grover! I still have my copy. Oh, and Beatrix Potter....I had a total obsession with her books until about 7th grade....I have a couple of her books that are 100+ years old.



16. Name one thing you just can't resist no matter how bad it is for you?
chicken wings from Em'R


18. What was the first tape or CD that you bought for yourself?
I remember not eating lunch on a class fieldtrip to Galax to buy the "Vanilla Ice" tape...


19. Describe your perfect day.
about 2343 hours long....part of it with K, part of it with my girlfriends, part with family, part shopping, part pampering, going to Church (I love our church), going to the mountains, going to the beach, wearing Case out in the ocean or in the pond....all while the house is in perfect condition!


20. Who is the most famous person you know?
Mom's deceased boyfriend Ed was in "Weekend at Bernie's" as an extra. In fact, that's how she told us she was dating him....he was a grubby extra with a bad voice-over. I think I didn't like him because I thought that his character is who he really was....never gave him a fair shake.

Oh, and in college I danced with Elliot Saddler one night...*thanks Sissy L.....who knows how that *might* have ended if you hadn't taken my dancin' self home early* Just kidding!


21. What would you do if you won the Lottery?

Become completely Debt Free and plan all spending as Dave Ramsey suggests....consider quiting my job...adopt a ton of familes from back home during Christmas. It's so sad to read the Santa letters in the local paper and the kids just want new backpacks, shoes, food, etc....I need to figure out how to help there *without* winning the lottery.


22. Aside from blogging, what is your favorite past time?
I love spending time with Hubby K and working around the house; playing with the Muppy Dawg; hanging out with friends; reading; coupons!; my small group at church; sewing; scrapbooking (which I need to start again); crocheting; spending time with my girls from my college sorority; Jr League Raleigh; arranging silk flowers; cooking; entertaining; cheering on the Wolfpack; playing house at our beach trailer (because it's not cluttered yet...it's like a play house and mucho fun!).....however my work-a-holic tedencies puts a damper on all these...


Anything else you're dying to know...just ask!




Now I tag all y'all who are reading this! Let me know your blog address so I can see what's going on in your world!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bumpkin Buddy,

    Got to know you a little better from this post!

    Thought I just drop you a HI!

    Love,

    The Other Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for stopping by! I also love The Monster at the End of this Book. I am so embarrassed...

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.