Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Focus...

Today has been a great not the best since State lost day.... sans sleeping LATE and feeling laid back and semi-productive.... I wanted to blog, but I'm not so much focused...so I'm going to bounce all over the place and do one of those random things that tell a whole lot ...about nothing.

Today I packed up 3 tubs of Naturewood stuff to take out to K's parents house @ Jordan Lake. I wanted to get rid of it all completely...but K says one day I'll regret it, so off to the pack house it goes. I'm just glad to have it out of my cabinets.

My mom has been known to go a little "overboard"....Naturewood is no different. I was a high school junior when she up and decides I need a china pattern and to start collecting pieces....and proceeds to throw a Pfaltzgraff catalog at me at tells me to pick something out. So, I picked Naturewood--and over the years she's gotten me tons of *lovely* pieces. One thing about it...after this many years, I'm tired of the serving pieces. They are lovely...but, I discovered Seagrove pottery, crystal bowls, pewter, etc. etc. etc....and I'd rather use that! I reckon I grew up...

And...I shouldn't just blame Momma for the Naturewood attack. Others (primarly me) have added to this *habit* over the years....and it was darn cool to be in college and have dinner parties where everything matched. Probably was just cool to have dinner parties in college - period.

So, it's all boxed up from the platter with a pair of garden shears to the soup tureen and bread box. I'm afraid there is more lurking around here somewhere...and it'll get packed up too.

Sorry Replacements, Limited...I thought I had TONS of *rare* Naturewood serving pieces to sell. Maybe when they come back out, they'll be antiques.

I'm keeping the dishes, glasses, and silverware.....I like you that much. I do not love you enough to allow you to take over every square inch of cabinet space I have. Enjoy your time out at the lake!


3 comments:

  1. There's something for you to do at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm first!
    I know how that goes. I love dragonflies and have a stepmom that has been giving me so many dragonflies that they are coming out my eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Semi-Slacker Mom...as soon as I get my *mess* under control, I'd be glad to help *grins*

    Tess..bless your heart -- I understand completely!

    Southern Belle -- thanks for letting me know. I voted for her too. Grits is having a very rough go of things!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.