Sunday, February 8, 2009

Update & Blog Award

We're still sick in this neck of the woods. Hubby K's fever has broke during the day (still comes back in the evening & at night) and mine won't go away (been running anywhere from 99.3 to 100.8). It's 70+ degrees here today, and I can't get warm. The chills are awful, and so is the not being able to breathe normal without a coughing fit. My throat hurts like the devil.....I'm mad that my doc couldn't see me on Friday to get a course of antibiotics going (if needed)....but I've got an appointment tomorrow morning. It's been all I could do to fix us meals (and the subesquent straightening up) and do a couple loads of laundry this weekend. I've only been out of my PJs long enough to take a hot bath/shower to try to loosen the crud and put on a clean pair. This is the first time we've ever been sick together...and it's had me learn why the vows we said on 09.10.05 included "in sickness & in health!" I'm just ready to FEEL BETTER!


Enough whinin' & complainin' and belly-achin'!

So, I got a blog award from Bumpkin on a Swing! Thanks!!

Now that I have been chosen, I must choose 5 bloggesr that I feel should receive the Blog award.
I must list 10 things about myself that you probably do not know
I must post a quote
Post award using a direct link to the person who chose me.

Here are my five picks!
Laura!
Sarah!
Amber!
Nikki!
YOU!!


The moment you've been waiting for....10 things!

1. During my freshman year of college, I didn't eat but one grilled chicken sandwich each day on M-W-F until the weekend where I was at my Aunt & Uncle's. I was afraid of all the people in the cafeteria and would run by the "Atrium" before Biology seminar and get a sandwich. I had no friends to eat with until having English class with Jeremy & making buddies! I lost like 65 lbs...it came back.

2. I love contemporary Christian Music. KLOVE makes me happy.

3. Sissy L and I had John Deere wallpaper border in our dorm room. Oh, and Spuds & Spurs calendar pics in our dorm room. We always had the coolest dorm rooms ever. I wish I had pictures.

4. I got a Montana silver beltbuckle instead of a class ring in College. Sissy L got it for me as a Christmas present. When I turned "preppy", I bought a dinner ring.

5. Block & Bridle was awesome! Best conventions EVER! It made it worth being an Animal Science major. The best trip was the year it was in Atlanta and our farm tours were in Southern Georgia. We went into an antique store and I bought a vase made out of my grandmother's crystal pattern. I carried that thing all over the place and it didn't break! Forget buying alcohol...I bought crystal!

6. When I blog, I hear the Doogie Houser, MD. music from when he would type his diary on the computer. No joke. Every time.

7. Hubby-K is a prepneck....he caught his finger in the PTO shaft of his dad's tractor when he was a little boy. He grew up on a tobacco farm...and me on a dairy. His ways turned this bumpkin into a little something different.

8. "I am Charlotte Simons" is based on a girl who grew up where I came from (far remote NW NC). Reading the book, it could've been me....well, sans the sex & basketball player. Closest thing I got to a basketball player in college was a class with Archie Miller. He sat beside me and I was crushing....that was until he asked me to be his partner on an assigment and do the whole thing myself.

9. This Bumpkin had never traveled further than West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee, and South Carolina until College. Thanks to some fantastic student groups I went to Georgia, Iowa, Colorado, Missouri, and I'm sure I'm missing somewhere! Work has taken me to Montana and Hawaii.

10. I still get scared of living in the "big city". I have made my little path in the woods and generally stay within about a 10 mile radius of home. Crabtree Mall is not in this radius, Cameron Village is stretching it. However, I'm all about Cary & Apex. I also try not to get on "the big roads" (ie- 40, 440, 540). They scare me mucho.

And here's my quote, thanks for reading my ramblings. It's the vers.

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NLT



Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.