Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ramblings

So a few things I've decided....

(1) I have TOO MUCH STUFF! Greg Laurie on Friday talked about how today's pleasure is tomorrow's Goodwill drop-off. How true this is! I know I'm guilty of thinking I "need something new" or "retail therapy". All of this just contributes to having too much stuff! It's not these things that make me who I am. So, I'm going to begin a purge. I've never purged before -- it's always been find somewhere to stuff and hide it! When we cleaned out Daddy's house, I found things I'd had since flippin' elementary school. Nobody needs that much clutter!

(2) It's time to get back in the gym. Honestly. Seriously. For real. I'd been doing so good and it slipped some time back. Now is the time to get back on board. I've got the alarm set for 5:45 a.m. and tomorrow morning I'm going. Nobody will care that I'm there --and I need to get back in that habit.

(3) I can only control myself - my thoughts - my actions - me. I can not assume responsibility for someone's happiness. Their contentment. Their anything. Happiness comes from inside; and I can not eat myself up worrying about someone's happiness. I can not be angry at someone for what they do or don't do. I release myself from feeling this responsibility.

(4) Case needs a bath

(5) I'm really tired

(6) I still don't feel good from the crud

(7) Working on a Saturday + still not feeling well = wore slam out on Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. Number 1 and 3 are both things that I really need to work on. Definitely #3. How are you doing with those?

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.