The last few weeks have been a blur as I've gone through the *have to*s with all these GI things going on. Still don't have answers but have a procedure tomorrow to hopefully help diagnose/develop a treatment plan. I can't physically go on with the way things have been. Girl can not live on applesauce and electrolyte drinks alone. Tonight with the prep work, I feel the drain on my body like you just wouldn't believe.
...And, it's bothering K-dawg to see me in pain. Actually,I think it's worse for me to see his pain and know it's my body causing it and there is nothing I can do about it than it is to feel this awful. We've been married almost 5 years, and have been through so much together ~ good, bad, and otherwise.
We were supposed to go to the Beach House this weekend with one of his college buddies and wife, but around Monday I realized that wasn't the best idea ~ and, he wouldn't go without me. Then it was both Mama T and Momma D wanting to come help us. I think it's a girl thing (maybe just a me thing?) but I want to be left alone when I don't feel well. I don't want to talk; I don't want to go out; I just want to do what I HAVE to do to get by. I'm thankful that the friends were very understanding about the whole thing and we're going to try to reschedule. And, I'm going to try to get K-dawg to go to the "Gotta Be NC" Festival this weekend. He was planning on fishing, and there biting, so he needs something fun to do.
If you could please lift K-dawg and me up in your prayers, it would be most appreciated. And, that we'll get some answers soon. We've had a thousand conversations trying to decide if we WANT the test to find something or NOT. We can't reach a conclusion.
And ~ something beyond cool happened today/tonight....
I've received emails from 3 separate ladies from our church tonight who didn't know what all is going on; but said God had laid me on their hearts this week. These are not ladies in our Small Group or that I interact with beyond once every month or so. Short email notes from these sweet ladies is like God speaking to me, reassuring me things will be ok. So comforting and unexpected!
~~sorry if this is all rambling and makes no sense, it's been a rough evening getting ready for tomorrow. Thanks for all the sweet tweets and notes, I'm surrounded by such loving and uplifting people. I'm blessed
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope you start to feel better!
ReplyDeletePraying hard ... hope they get things going better for you! :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you both!! Please let us know what you find out!
ReplyDeleteI had a stomach virus last week (well you know that from Tweets) but I thought about you. I was eating bananas, applesauce and toast and nothing was helping. When I was going through some medical stuff, I was in the same position as you...on one hand you sorta want them to find something so a Tx plan can be put into place and there isn't the not knowing but on the other hand, you don't want something to be wrong.
ReplyDeleteBTW, every time I am sick, my MIL (who isn't my fav. person) calls asking to speak with me. You don't want to talk to anybody when you are sick and it irks the mess out of me. When I'm well, she never wants to talk to me.
God has his hand on you and sounds like you are very loved by those in your life. Feel better soon!
Praying for you today, B. Hoping they will find SOMETHING SIMPLE that is causing your problems and will be able to fix it QUICKLY!
ReplyDelete{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Robin :o)
You poor thing. I pray you feel better and that the doctors will have wisdom.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you're having such a time. I found myself in a similar situation with friends last weekend. They all ended up having a great time out in the boat while I stayed in the house and slept. Thankfully they are GOOD friends and were understanding when I was derelict in my duties as hostess.
ReplyDelete