Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm going to be an UNCLE!

I'm beside myself giddy ~ Sissy is having a little BOY!

Not only is she having a boy, I called it! Everyone (and I mean just about the rest of the whole world between here and the Tennessee line) thought it was going to be a boy. Conversations that were held after the phone started ringing were cracking me up.

Me & Sissy:
me ~ WHAT IS IT?!?!
Sissy ~ A baby.
me ~ no, what is the smurf? (it was the size of a blueberry when she told me she was preggers. We have a tradition that the baby gets a nickname based on the object. Case in point, friends have a Newton because he was the size of a fig when they made the announcement)
Sissy ~ IT'S. A. BOY!
Brother-in-love ~ WOOO HOOO!!! (loudly, in the background)
me ~ So, y'all get to pick: Hunter Smurf, Farm Smurf or Golf Smurf (to make sure I hit on all hobbies)
Sissy relates this to BIL
BIL ~ Hunter Smurf!

and thus, my nephew (eek! weird to say) will forever more be "Hunter Smurf!"


Me & Momma
me ~ Hello?
Momma ~ Well? (awkward pause)
me ~ Well, what?
Momma ~ Aren't you going to say "I told you so?"
me ~ Nope, you already know I was right.

Me & K-dawg
me ~ Hey!
K ~ How are you feeling?
me ~ (avoids question) Sissy and BIL called, it's a boy!

K then posts on Sissy's FB "This means I'll be an uncle, right? Good - I didn't want to be an aunt." Gotta admit, the boy's got jokes. Just one of the eighty eleven reasons why I love him!

So, let the spoiling begin! Already scoping out camouflage baby stuff and baby boy invites for a shower. Glad Sissy and I had the smocking discussion this weekend, she's cool with it up until about age 2. Guess what I'm going to be scoping out at consignment and thrift stores?

~~
And, thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I've got an appointment with a specialist tomorrow afternoon and hope to know answers and have relief soon. I have the faith that it will all be better soon.

And, K-dawg is having a tooth ache and is going to need a root canal this week. We're just a mess around these parts.

Hope y'all have had a great day; my heart goes out to those in Tennessee/Arkansas and along the Gulf. And, full of praise that the Times Square situation was an incident that wasn't worse!

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOO HOOOOO! Little boys are the best....except when they are little girls...lol! Congratulations to your sissy and your whole family!

    PRAYING that the doctor's appointment (And K's appt) goes well!

    {{{HUGS}}}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Our 4 yr. old grandson calls his Aunt Rach 'that guy'... so K may still be an Aunt..lol.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.