Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Long Row to Hoe...

Hey y'all! Things have been busy around our little corner of the world. The kitchen project took about 2 and a half weeks to complete; we got everything back in order there and moved on to painting the living room. Now, I'm taking at least a 2 month break from major home improvements! I've decided that since K-dawg has finally decided it's ok for walls to be something besides white and trim anything other than stain, I'm taking full advantage and making this the year of nesting!

First off, many thanks for your prayers. Everything on the baby front turned out to be ok -- but it was a miserable weekend of worry. I owe several of you a LOT for crying on your shoulder. I just love y'all to pieces and you're the best! And, follow-up to another prayer; some time around the first part of October, I'm going to be an aunt! Sissy was far enough along that the baby measured the size of a blueberry, so the little 'en has the nickname *Smurf* until we know what it is. So excited!

And...I'm struggling like crazy with technology. Between two cameras I can't get either to upload pictures and I'm getting ill as a hornet! I promise to keep working on getting the pics downloaded so I can share our updated kitchen and living room. Y'all, it ain't even looking like the same place in these parts! I just love the results and want to share them with y'all so bad. I've got to figure out how to get pictures OFF the camera (yes, I struggle bad with technology!!)

So here's a few other things going on around here...

1) I turn *gasp* 31! in a couple of weeks. We're going to keep the tradition alive and go to the ACC Tourney again this year. It's in GBO, so we'll be crashing in on Momma.

2) K's best friend from growing up got married last weekend. GORGEOUS wedding in Wilmington. Reminded me how much I just love that city's downtown area!

3) My girl, S, and I are doing a women's Bible Study @ church -- LOVING it! It's so like having our very own Yada Yada Prayer Group!

4) I've not smoked since New Year's Eve! Please, no lectures about how white trash this habit is, how bad it is for your health, etc. I've quit, y'all. Good bye one of the last of my nasty college habits!

5) I'm homesick. Seriously. I've not been to the mountains since Thanksgiving. That feels like forever ago.

6) Twitter has got a'hold of me! twitter.com/preppybumpkin I'm private, but will be happy to add you!

7) I'm down about 15 lbs since the first of the year. I'd found more than a couple of my *lost* pounds over the holidays and am sending them on their merry way once more.

8) I've not blogged because I'm trying to catch up on Reader first -- not fair for me to post something if I've not read what y'all have to say!

9) Muppy dawg isn't the puppy she once was. A weekend of swimming in the pond and she's been knocked out the last 3 days.

10) I really do love y'all! You encourage and inspire me so much....and if you're just popping in, let me know so I can see what's going on in your neck of the woods. I'm not cool enough to figure out what my blog traffic is, where y'all are from, how you got here and all that jazz; but I'm glad you popped into this corner of my life and inner-self.

2 comments:

  1. Hey B, popping in to say HEY from Alabama! ;o)

    I can't wait to see your pictures....DYING to see all of that gorgeous green kitchen!

    I have loved getting to know you better on Twitter!

    {{HUGS}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.