We had plans to spend her birthday weekend together...but that didn't happen. Her birthday is in mid-June --slacker daughter B (aka ME) didn't get her card in the mail since I wanted to give her her present in person (and avoid paying to ship 1o lbs of birthday happiness).
She's on the way to our house now...instead of the fun of looking at this antique store near the house, exploring downtown Apex, or even a megatrip to TJ Maxx/Homegoods, she's going to take me for my 3rd injection (2nd in this location) today, and even sit in the lobby while I do physical therapy.
So look at what Momma's birthday gift consists of this year....I went with a Kona theme since that's where we were headed for her last birthday. Bless her heart, it was her "Speed Limit" birthday and thanks to timezone changes it lasted 32 hours....she was struggling enough with the milestone, but soon recovered when she realized all the discounts you get for being aged like fine wine.
Included inside are:
- A new coffee press (I come by my LOVE of coffee honestly!)
- A bag of Kona coffee (it was $3 a bag at Wal-Mart in Kona....$7 a bag at World Market, but it's mega yummy!)
- Hawaiian style potato chips
- Kona pancake mix (oh how I wish they carried coconut syurp at World Market...they served it with pancakes and it is beyond yummy! I love my momma, but she ain't gettin' the half bottle in my fridge!
- A Kona Brewing Company glass
- Tons of dark chocolate Lindt balls (my dark chocolate love is honest too)
- A sweet card (not a Happy Birthday Mother card...but personalized on the inside with a thoughtful message)
So...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!! I may just let you know about my blog....on second thought, maybe not. We talk a zillion times a week, so you are up-to-date on my misadventures and...I'd hate to think I was editing inside my brain as I type for "Momma Eyes"!

Happy Birthday, Momma! The gift is perfectly personalized, which makes it more special and what a great momma to take you to your appts.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a good daughter! I know she will love the gift! I hope you gals have a great weekend, in spite of you back issues!
ReplyDelete{{HUGS}}
Robin :o)