
I don't know about y'all...but I love George Strait. His songs highlighted my college career...right down to wearing out the 4-cassette version of his box set. In 1998, he played Carter-Finley Stadium and Sissy, Mary, Melody & I were THERE! We didn't care that it was a zillion degrees (we were totally rocking it in our denim sleeveless shirts, khaki wranglers, Justin boots and cowboy hats). He came out on stage and I literally SWOONED. Standing on folding chairs on the middle of the field, I had too much excitement and LOST it.
Flash forward to 1999, and after a rough day, I was driving by the Farmer's Market, blaring "Amarillo by Morning" (my FAVORITE GS song) and got my first (and thank goodness, only) speeding ticket. With tears in my eyes from the song - not being pulled - I nearly was able to get out of the ticket.
How on earth can you beat a song that says ..."I ain't got a dime, but what I've got is mine. I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free"...
EDIT: Oh yeah, for the record, "Pure Country" is one of my all-time movies. And, I just about bet there isn't a situation in life that there isn't a George Strait song for!!
And -- he deserves a picture for all y'all to enjoy his handsomeness! (oops -- it's at the top, not down here....but he's here all the same!!)
~~~~
This is short, I took a short break from working on a grant that's due in FedEx tomorrow to commemorate just how much I heart George. And-- please keep me in your prayers tomorrow. I have an MRI tomorrow night at 6 and am scared!

I don't care how old the man is...he is HOTT!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the MRI. I'm not a very good patient when it comes to MRIs since I'm highly claustrophobic. They always end up pulling me out at least 5 times before I get my mind over matter.
ever so easy on the eyes! Yep, George is King in my book!
ReplyDeleteLove George Straight, too!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with the MRI....it will be over before you know it!
{{HUGS}}
Robin :o)
I'm with you on George and Amarillo by Morning...love it!
ReplyDeleteI love George too! At our wedding we danced our first dance to "I Cross My Heart".
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!!