Yep, we got some Sunday night. Not enough to call off work, shut down the world, etc. I miss snow days! Do adults ever get those anyways? A day to do as you wish!
Thank goodness I clipped all my daffodils Sunday afternoon (read here: while Noah was fixin' up the Ark). It rained so much this last weekend, it about put me in a funk. We literally only left the house to go to church Saturday night & then to Super Wal-Mart to get groceries. Small group was here Sunday night, so I used my rain day to piddle around and clean house. For refreshments I made the BEST peanut butter cookies ever (yes -- they were gluten free!!), Paula Deen's Magical Peanut Butter Cookies. Yes, they were magical and disappeared save one or two by the end of the night (also had black bean salsa, chips, carrot cake dip & celery, and sugar cookies). So, I'm guessing that means they were a hit.
Paula Deen (my hero!) Magical Peanut Butter Cookies
preheat oven to 350.
Combine the following: 1 1/3 c. sugar (you could use splenda); 1 egg; 1 c. peanut butter (we used JIF) -- mix until combined, form into walnut sized balls; place on baking sheet & smush out with a fork (dip fork in sugar if it starts stickin') & bake for 12 minutes. Easy as pie and yummy!
Other than that...life is trucking along! Hope y'all are doing well & staying warm!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Some grown ups still get snow days..us teachers!!! I have to go on Sat. now...no complaints, definitely enjoyed the four-day weekend.
ReplyDeleteNo snow here! It doesn't happen too often. Oh well - it is supposed to be in the 70's today!
ReplyDelete