Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow - State vs. Duke - and Stuff!

I know some of y'all won't understand this...but it does NOT snow in the RDU area. Just doesn't. When I was an undergrad, we got the 20-incher of 2000. Nobody bothered to tell this mountain girl that a snow of that magnitude wasn't something that happens every year or two. Add to that a couple of measurable snows during my 5-year college career, then after the ice storm of 2002 (not too many months after graduation)...we got NOTHING except more than a generous helpin' of wolf cries for snow.

Well yesterday, they started calling for a "measurable" snow here. They talked it up, then after working myself up into a tizzy, around 11 last night, they said it looked like things were changing and we wouldn't get anything. Thank heavens, they were WRONG! Woke up this morning to about 3 and a half inches and it just kept on coming down.... there was no going to work with them talking about the zillion wrecks in the area....to quote my favorite movie- "Just 'cause I talk slow don't mean I'm stupid)! So, I plugged away on work stuff for a few hours while watching the Inaugural Festivities -- and I got TONS done!

Now, I didn't vote for President Obama...those reasons don't need to be listed. But now that he is our nation's leader, I will pray for him and support his decisions. Does this mean I won't ever say something against something he's done or proposed...nope! However, he does deserve my respect and support (and that of the rest of the nation as well). 'Nuff politics! (except to plug that I think Mrs. Obama and the girls are just precious!)

After finishing my work for the day, it was time to play in the snow with Muppy Dawg. At nearly 10 months old, this was her first snow! She's a black lab who LOVES water --- she's still undecided about snow. As an outside dog brought inside for inclement weather, I think she'd rather be inside while she can. Every time the door opens, she runs right back in! She did snort at the snow and try to eat the slush (which was way cute!) but she didn't so much like playing fetch with snowballs. So now she's wore slam out, sleeping in front of the fireplace and making these cute little snores and whimpers in her dreams.

Started getting serious about cleaning out the NC State Room (aka the 1st floor master suite that has been used as a den/home office (and more recently: dumping ground) this afternoon. We're moving our bedroom, and this is the first time we'd gotten serious about cleaning up/going through things/etc. It has a large WIC that has been holiday storage central....and I've finally gotten serious about what I want to keep, what to toss, and what to give away! I think I also came to the conclusion today that I'm afraid I'll find some memory of Daddy (or another loved one that's passed) and it'll bring back something and make me cry. 'Nuff of that too....I need my space and things in order and if I cry, then I'll have myself a little cry and get back on it.

So, today was very productive & very fun!
And, Cousin J (who I have always looked up to & admired) had her baby girl today!

Snow - Muppy -Productivity - Babies - ACC Basketball...Life is (for the most part) GOOD!

Now back to watching the State/Duke game...State's up, so maybe I should keep ramblin' as to not jinx the team....GO PACK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.