Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!

please note: it isn't my birthday. That doesn't happen until March...but bear with all the rambling and you'll find out why it's happy birthday to me!!


It always does my spirit good to breathe some fresh air in the Blue Ridge! Saturday morning woke up (went the long way b/c I wasn't awake enough to remember that I didn't have to go to the office and took I-40) to Greensboro to meet Momma and head up the mountain to Gramma & Grampa's.

Got to Momma's and she had to show me all this stuff she'd bought. She has a huge house - which is good because Sissy L & her hubby B and me and Hubby K can all stay without being on top of each other with room to spare -- and bad because now she has room to buy even more stuff!! Momma is a shopper -- always has been, always will be. But, she doesn't shop for clothes or jewelry or anything like that...it's furniture and dust collectors! She has great taste and decorates nicely but I don't want to hear her talking about who will get what of her stuff when she dies--it's just morbid!!

Then we get to Gramma's. Sissy L and her friend D, D's son and D's sister are all up visiting too! It was great to girl talk!

Let me tell you, time passes differently in the mountains. It creeps and creaks by...an hour seems like 4 compared to the hustle and bustle of life in the 'burbs. I seriously was ready for bed at about 8; but Grampa had other plans! I scrubbed the floors of the kitchen and bathrooms in the little church we went to growing up. It felt so good to provide service of the elbow-grease variety! I can't tell you how rejuvenating it was to clean those floors and think about all the great people of the Church and the impact they had on my life!

Then it was back home to snuggle up under the wool blankets! And, any other time, I'd be giddy about the chance of winter weather, but waking up to sleet coming down did not make me happy. I was ready to get home to Muppy Dawg and Hubby K! Momma kept procrastinating the leaving thing. And, after slippin' and slidin' to the main road, we were on our way!

Leaving Gramma's at like 10 meant that I could be back home by 1:30 or so, watch a little football, and maybe take a nap before Small Group .... but then Momma wanted to go to Replacements, Limited....and guess what...it was L-O-V-E!!!

Zillions of pretty things...miles of pretty things...acres of pretty things (you get the picture)!
And -- Momma found something to buy me for my birthday (yes, it isn't until March, but she wanted to buy and I *couldn't* resist letting her! And be danged if we didn't get some deals!!

Got these great accent luncheon plates that match my Lenox formal china for $5.99 each(retails for $38) and two of these great bowls for $14.99 (retails for $185)


Yes indeed...happy birthday to me!! Now, I just need to plan the tea party I've been pondering to be able to use my new treats!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there-We have the same china pattern! (Great minds think alike!) I can relate to your excitement---we bought out the pattern when a jewelry store in my hometown (that also carried china and other wedding registry items) went out of business. Happy Birthday to you, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need a party to show off those beauties! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Federal Platinum? That's what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great eye Semi-Slacker! I just love how it matches almost anything.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.