Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 is Gonna' Be Fine!

Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself!

A new year always means goals/hopes/dreams for the 365 days stretching ahead. Years ago (read here -- up until 2001), each New Year's Eve K, ME, and Sissy L would get together and try to predict the year ahead. More often than not, they were just silly (and sometimes snide) comments about the current boy of our affections and triumphs over tribulations.

2009 will be my 30th year -- INSANE! Where does the time go? How does it go so quickly? In celebration of the year ahead, I'm making the following resolutions....

1) To grow my personal relationship with Christ and be a better Christian.
2) To become healthier -- including loosing weight and giving up a couple of evil vices.
3) To simplify my life. Hubby K points out all the time how I can complicate even the easiest of situations. So, here's to simplifying those things within my control!
4) Declutter. We have too much stuff. Marrying at 26 and almost 27, we each had a household before we got married. Add to that the stuff I inherited from Daddy and all the things I've bought. AND...the answer is NOT to take things to The Chubby Trout (our little trailer near Surf City). We LOVE it there because it isn't so cluttered. I want to bring that feeling to the casa!
5) Put priority on time with family and friends.
6) Curb workaholic tendencies.
7) Blog more.
8) Not be afraid of throwing things away or giving them to people who would enjoy it more.
9) Continue to discover who I am.

Let's see what shakes out in 2009!

2 comments:

  1. 10) Be a better wife and not snap so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are all wonderful things! Good luck with keeping your resolutions.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.