- Have you started your Christmas shopping? I can think of two more things I'd like to get K-dawg, but otherwise, I'm done!
- Tell me about one of your special traditions. We drive around looking at Christmas lights and K-dawg makes a random CD of nontraditional versions of Christmas songs.
- When do you put up your Tree? Usually the Saturday night after Thanksgiving after we've gone to the last NCSU football game of the year -- this year, it went up the weekend before Thanksgiving.
- Are you a Black Friday shopper? It really depends on where we are -- the last several years we've been at Topsail Island and I've went to a few stores around there (and to Old Time Pottery Thanksgiving night). This year, we were in my hometown and hit the three cute stores in town before going to the grandparents. Not sure if that will change when we have babies or not.
- Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel like crazy fools now; but I've told both our families that Christmas will be spent at home when there are youngins'
- What is your funniest Christmas memory? Waiting HOURS at my grandmothers house to open presents because Momma wasn't there and we couldn't do anything until she arrived (later learned that she was shopping....BOO HISS!)
- What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? "Meet me in St. Louis"
- Do you do your own Christmas baking, what’s your favorite treat? This is the first time in years we haven't done a cookie exchange; but I'm still baking treats to take places. My favorite treat this year is rosemary brie with apple slices (absolutely wonderful stuff!)
- Fake or Real Tree? Considering I'm from the land o' Christmas trees (the High Country of NC), I'd rather have a real tree. However K prefers a spinning artificial tree, so we flip flop on what we do.
- What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? Not a mom...
- Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? NEGATIVE; that would stress me out and I couldn't make bows (and I love me some big ol' bows on presents!)
- What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? This crazy party at K's 1st-Cousins house (it's too insane for words; I'm talking HOURS of white elephant exchange!)
- What Christmas craft do you like the best? Making bows!
- Christmas music? I LOVE it all! Favorite CD - Johnny Mathis' Christmas album, Favorite Hymn - We Three Kings (love when it gets all jazzy!), Favorite random song - LeRoy the Redneck Reindeer
- Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both!
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It was always just sitting under the tree when we were growing up; not sure how he'll be in our house when that time comes.
- Colored lights on the tree/house or white. White EVERYWHERE (although last year was fun with the colored lights on the tree and porch and shop and....you get the picture!)
- Do you hang mistletoe? Negative
- What is your favorite holiday dish? K's aunt's peanut butter balls and his grandmothers collards.
- Favorite holiday memory as a child? Playing with all the cousins on Christmas Eve at my Grandma & Grandpa's house.
- Do you open a gift on Christmas eve? My family did; but now we do it all Christmas Day (wake up and open here, go to the in-laws for breakfast/presents, go to Momma's for soup/presents).
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Never been the same twice -- we've done red & gold, an NC State theme, Hallmark ornaments, a little of everything, and snowflakes with balls.
- Snow. Love it? or Dread it? I LOVE snow like you wouldn't believe. Still pouting that we didn't receive any of the winter weather this past weekend.
- Can you ice skate? I could in college....and I mastered the hockey slam-into-the-wall move; would like to go to the outside rink in Raleigh (but haven't had time this year)
- Do you remember your favorite gift? From K-dawg: my pearl earrings and diamond studs.
- What's the most important thing about the holidays to you? Reflecting on the importance of God humbling Himself as an infant to save a lost world full of lost people (including me)
- What tops your tree? We've done different bows every year. With the tree spinning, it's difficult to do an angel or star (although I keep toying with the idea of a Moravian star).
- Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I LOVE giving gifts to those I love!
- Candy Canes, Yuck or Yum? They are very, very yummy (especially stirred into hot chocolate!)
Monday, December 21, 2009
The Christmas Thing!
So, this is bouncing around bloggy world, and I'm probably the LAST person to do it! Pictures should come tomorrow of the house (I'm off work for the holidays now and there is some serious cleaning action to happen around the house while K-dawg is at work!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The rosemary brie and apple slices sounds so incredibly yummy!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Thanks for sharing this....it really makes me think about my fond Christmas memories!
ReplyDelete{{HUGS}}
Robin :o)