Monday, April 6, 2009

Tonight's the big game...LET'S GO...

To BED!

Naw, I'd have to say I'm pulling for Carolina (if nothing more than I'm just happy to see Tyler finally leave the ACC ...it's been a long 4 years!) Or, maybe after a little accident between the yard cart and my big toe, Ty Lawson may be my hero tonight.

The Triangle is under a freeze watch tonight....could it be *someone's* way of saying Carolina will win when heel freezes over? (lame joke -- sorry!)

I have a love/hate relationship with UNC. I love to hate the boys in light blue. Blame it on Daddy being a State fan (and waking me up to see the '83 Championship game ending-- although he *turned* into a UNC fan just so he could rile me up), having a HUGE Wolfpack Club supporter as a neighbor or on taking advantage of the Extension programs offered as part of NC State's Land Grant mission, but I've been a Wolfpack fan for as long as I can remember. Which means no love for UNC.

Except for that one time...in 6th grade...because the *cute* boy was an UNC fan. Then, I had a few shirts and a pair of UNC Keds. I was styling. Then, they became barn clothes. It just made me smile to think of walking around in UNC stuff covered in manure.

I was accepted to UNC, way back in '97 when I thought I wanted to be a doctor. But, my Wolfpack heart wouldn't allow for that.

Seriously, ACC basketball makes me a happy camper. I probably know as many UNC and Duke stats as NC State. I love Roy Williams -- he's funny as heck! In fact, I think there was a conspiracy to get rid of Herb Sendek when UNC scored a more good ol' boy coach than what we have. And, I love Zoubek of Duke (he's such a cutie!)

It's just about tip-off, so to wrap it up....
GO HEELS....make North Carolinians (and about a zillion of my friends and family) proud!

4 comments:

  1. OUCH!!! You sound like my husband. He keeps wanting people to step on Lawson's toe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just died a little inside reading this


    dean smith and phil ford make up 1/2 of the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tardevil -- I admire the program they have built (and only wish NC State would rise again to glory in ACC basketball!)

    I hope Ty goes for a pedicure to reward his toe -- he could get a fancy one for his casino winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I have never been a fan of UNC, but especially not after Roy Williams left KU. Call us bitter, but he left some pretty deep wounds there, and therefore in the world of college basketball, I love when UNC gets beat. So sad isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all are the best! If you'd like, leave me a little love below.