Now that the song is stuck in your head....
This has been a VERY interesting last 45 minutes. Hubby K calls saying puppy Case (10 month old black lab) is in a neighbor's yard. Interesting...because I was cleaning house & because of the wind kept checking out on her. He calls-- I go outside. Both the side gate and gate at the stairs are closed tighter than Fort Knox. I get in the car (with leash and treat) to retrieve the Labrador Retriever. Nice neighbors have her....no drama there.
Then I see the town's Animal Control unit driving down the street. VERY strange because we called them multiple times on former neighbors who kept their dogs in cages in a closet all the time(unless they were running wild through the 'hood). They never answered the phone nor sent out a unit.....the plot thickens.
So talking to Hubby K, who's still at work, I'm madder than a hornet. I really think someone let her out. She's an outside dog and barks. We have mean neighbors who have a history of letting dogs out of fenced in areas....see where my mind is going?? Hubby K suggests calling Animal Control and telling them I think someone let her out.
I'm so fired up I do....and lay it on all nice to not sound like the ticked-off mad woman that I am by this point. The conversation goes something like this....
Me: Good evening, my name is _____ and I live at ____ Drive. I think someone let my puppy out of the back yard.
Officer: Is the dog secured now?
Me: Yes, but I'm really concerned someone let her out. The two gates were both closed tightly when my husband called to say that a neighbor had called to let him know the puppy was out.
Officer: What can I do to help?
Me: Well, I thought I'd just call and let you know in case something else happens. And I saw an Animal Control unit driving by on my way in the house from putting her up.
Officer: Is she a black lab?
Me: Why yes, she is.
Officer: I received a call earlier that she had been out all day today.
Me: (TRYING TO NOT BLOW MY FUSE) I'm sorry officer, but when I got in at 3 this afternoon, she was in her pen. I've been home since then, and I can promise you that up until about 4:30 she was in the backyard because I kept checking on her while I was cleaning.
Officer: Oh... really? Interesting.
Me: Yes, and like I said, I wanted to make sure that since a unit drove by the house that I think someone let her out. I won't bother you, but thank you and have a good evening.
Officer: Thank you for calling.
Ok...so now I'm still ill....some brazen soul lied to Animal Control and say she was out all day. Hubby K said I should've pushed to find out who reported her. I was trying to maintain composure and didn't even think about asking (although I bet they couldn't tell me anyways).
I'm mad that someone messed with my Muppy Dawg! I'm mad that it looks like someone let her out! Sufficent to say, I'm just mad!!!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for following my blog! I can't wait to read more of yours now!
ReplyDeleteThat would make me furious!!! We have a chihuahua next door that barks all night long but I would NEVER think of doing something like that. How rude!!!
ReplyDeleteThat stinks Chelsea!
ReplyDeleteNow that Muppy Dawg C is older, she's over barking at us when we're outdoors....now it's preppy much sirens and vacuum cleaners!
And, Welcome!
That stinks! I hope your puppy's okay!
ReplyDelete